Masquerade Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal | Exploration | Literature | Music | Art | Role Play |

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 22 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:20 pm
Top posters
Morticia Masquerade
Questionnaire for Explorers I_vote_lcapQuestionnaire for Explorers I_voting_barQuestionnaire for Explorers I_vote_rcap 
Angel Valour
Questionnaire for Explorers I_vote_lcapQuestionnaire for Explorers I_voting_barQuestionnaire for Explorers I_vote_rcap 
BiancaBeauty
Holy_Fonz
tubby22
Alexis
Claudia_Explorer
BeautifulTragedy
Mason Misery
Trinity13
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Questionnaire for Explorers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Alexis

Alexis

Questionnaire for Explorers Empty
PostSubject: Questionnaire for Explorers   Questionnaire for Explorers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 12:10 am

I'm Alexis and here is my questionnaire for everyone! Thank you for helping me understand these subjects better Smile

1.) When did you start exploring?

2.) Why do you go exploring?

3.) Are there certain rules to follow?

4.) Any special equipment?

5.) Do you have to ask permission before entering a building with the "No Trespassing" sign?

6.) Have you ever found any buildings that were haunted during your explorations?

Thanks again guys!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questionnaire for Explorers   Questionnaire for Explorers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 12:14 am

Since I could walk.

Escape from the stress of everyday life,history,adventure,photography,discovering forgoteen things/places

Yes

Camera/good pair of boots/flashlight if going during the evning/night hours,

5.) Do you have to ask permission before entering a building with the "No Trespassing" sign?
sometimes

6.) Have you ever found any buildings that were haunted during your explorations?
Yes.many
Back to top Go down
Alexis

Alexis

PostSubject: Re: Questionnaire for Explorers   Questionnaire for Explorers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 12:31 am

WraithOfPestilence wrote:

Since I could walk.

Escape from the stress of everyday life,history,adventure,photography,discovering forgoteen things/places

Yes

Camera/good pair of boots/flashlight if going during the evning/night hours,

sometimes

Yes.many

What are the Rules?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questionnaire for Explorers   Questionnaire for Explorers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 12:35 am

Unwritten Codes of Conduct

There are a few unwritten rules in Urban Exploration, and one should be cognizant of the protocol in order to be fully accepted and trusted as a new member of the sub-culture.

The most common and oft-quoted rule follows the mantra of the Sierra Club: “Take only photographs, leave only footprints.” Though not all urban explorers follow this directive, the vast majority do. Many abandonments possess a treasure trove of esoteric objects, unique contraptions, rare industrial components, or special antique items that could sell for a handsome profit on eBay. Despite all this, the community has decided to officially condem taking any object from a building.

Graffiti and vandalism are generally condemned, but there are exceptions. It should be noted that urban explorers are a diverse group of tens of thousands, potentially hundreds of thousands. The diversity of opinions falls in both extremes, but the moderate and mean consensus generally follows the rule of law except for the very notable exception of Trespass.

As of now, there is no officially sanctioned urban exploration moral codex. In fact, “following the rules” would run counter to the central principle of exploring. For this reason, urban explorers have a general understanding of the community’s moral compass and make of it what they will.
Back to top Go down
Alexis

Alexis

PostSubject: Re: Questionnaire for Explorers   Questionnaire for Explorers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 12:42 am

WraithOfPestilence wrote:
Unwritten Codes of Conduct

There are a few unwritten rules in Urban Exploration, and one should be cognizant of the protocol in order to be fully accepted and trusted as a new member of the sub-culture.

The most common and oft-quoted rule follows the mantra of the Sierra Club: “Take only photographs, leave only footprints.” Though not all urban explorers follow this directive, the vast majority do. Many abandonments possess a treasure trove of esoteric objects, unique contraptions, rare industrial components, or special antique items that could sell for a handsome profit on eBay. Despite all this, the community has decided to officially condem taking any object from a building.

Graffiti and vandalism are generally condemned, but there are exceptions. It should be noted that urban explorers are a diverse group of tens of thousands, potentially hundreds of thousands. The diversity of opinions falls in both extremes, but the moderate and mean consensus generally follows the rule of law except for the very notable exception of Trespass.

As of now, there is no officially sanctioned urban exploration moral codex. In fact, “following the rules” would run counter to the central principle of exploring. For this reason, urban explorers have a general understanding of the community’s moral compass and make of it what they will.

Thank you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questionnaire for Explorers   Questionnaire for Explorers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 12:43 am

Welcome,Find anything of interest in your area on the website I had suggested?
Back to top Go down
Lady Janet Vanity

Lady Janet Vanity

PostSubject: Re: Questionnaire for Explorers   Questionnaire for Explorers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 3:01 am

When I was a young lady of 14.

To take pictures for my portfolio and understand human nature.

Yes. They've already been posted. Smile

Not that I know of.

Yes. I do so I won't be on the property illegally.

I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
Mason Misery

PostSubject: Re: Questionnaire for Explorers   Questionnaire for Explorers I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 4:52 pm

A few years ago when I was 11

I like to escape, also because abandoned places interest me

Take only pictures leave only footprints

A camera

Yes you should ask permission even if there isn't a sign and the property still has an owner you should ask.

6.) Have you ever found any buildings that were haunted during your exploration
There's a house down the road from me that is haunted
Back to top Go down
Claudia_Explorer

Claudia_Explorer

PostSubject: Re: Questionnaire for Explorers   Questionnaire for Explorers I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 1:16 am

About 2 years ago.

Love learning about the past.

Yes. They've been stated.

Flashlight, good pair of boots, a buddy or two (in case exploration goes wrong), camera, comfortable clothing.

I don't. I just go with it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questionnaire for Explorers   Questionnaire for Explorers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questionnaire for Explorers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Masquerade Underground :: Exploration :: Exploration General Discussion-
Jump to: